Join Team SCH in 2017 to get fit, have fun and make a difference! Team SCH athletes will be raising funds to increase access to mammograms for uninsured, low-income women through the Community Breast Health Program.
Swedish Covenant Hospital’s Community Breast Health Program serves women who face the greatest challenges accessing breast cancer detection and treatment due to financial, cultural, and language barriers. In addition to cancer detection services, such as mammograms, ultrasounds and biopsies, the program provides breast health education and access to a navigation team that works with breast cancer patients from diagnosis through survivorship. All of these services are provided at no cost to women in need. Last year, more than 1,300 women received free breast cancer screenings through the program. The average cost of each screening is between $115 and $150.
Official Team SCH events
Sunday, August 27, 2017
Fundraising Minimum: $200
|Chicago Half Marathon & 5K
Sunday, September 24, 2017
Fundraising Minimum: $125
Benefits to runners who meet the fundraising minimum include:
- FREE race entry
- Team technical shirt
- Private tent on race day for Chicago Half Marathon & 5K
- Opportunity to participate in training program through Galter LifeCenter (extra fee applies)*
- Personal fundraising web page
- Fundraising support
- Running merchandise incentives (with $500 minimum)
- Prizes for top fundraisers!
- A sense of pride for helping women access life-saving breast cancer screenings!
*Training Program starts April 1 for Chicago Triathlon and July 2 for Chicago Half Marathon & 5K.
Ready to join the team? Registration is easy:
1. Register for Team SCH Chicago Half Marathon & 5K or Team SCH Chicago Triathlon through Crowdrise, and create your personal fundraising page.
2. Register on the event website with the code provided to you by the SCH Foundation.
Registration closes Friday, July 28 for the Chicago Triathlon and Friday, August 25 for the Chicago Half Marathon & 5K.
Are you already registered for another race in 2017? You can still be part of Team SCH and raise funds on behalf of Swedish Covenant Hospital while participating in the race of your choice. Learn more.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. To learn more, download the Team SCH 2017 Sponsorship Packet or contact the Foundation at email@example.com or 773.989.6255.
For questions or to learn more about Team SCH, contact Sarah English at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 989-6255.