Save the date! Team SCH will be participating in the Chicago Half Marathon & 5K on Sunday, September 24, 2017 in Jackson Park. Check back in Spring 2017 for more information.
On Sunday, September 25, 2016 more than 60 Team SCH runners competed in the Chicago Half Marathon & 5K and raised more than $19,000 for Swedish Covenant Hospital. Funds raised through Team SCH are helping to foster healing for our most vulnerable patients through the Helping Hands Fund. This fund assists patients in our emergency department access medications they otherwise cannot afford, allowing them to complete their medical treatment and return to health.
Many patients who visit our emergency department lack the financial ability and resources to pay for prescriptions. In response, the Helping Hands Fund was created to provide one-time assistance to patients in need. Through this fund, patients have received antibiotics to help a wound heal, psychiatric drugs to intervene in a time of crisis, and blood pressure medications to bridge a gap while waiting for public aid approval. The average cost of medications provided through the fund is $100.
Team SCH runners agree to raise at least $100, the average cost of one prescription for a patient in need. In return, runners receive great benefits.
Benefits to runners who meet the fundraising minimum include:
- FREE race entry
- Team running shirt
- Private tent on race day
- Pre-race team celebration
- Wellness/training lectures from Galter LifeCenter staff
- Opportunity to participate in training program through Galter LifeCenter (extra fee applies)
- Personal fundraising web page
- Access to online Team SCH community
- Fundraising tips and support
- Running merchandise incentives (with $500 minimum)
- Prizes for top fundraisers!
- A sense of pride for helping our most vulnerable patients return to health!
Ready to join the team? Registration is easy:
- Complete the Team SCH 2016 Registration Form and email it to the SCH Foundation.
- Register on the Chicago Half Marathon & 5K website with the code provided to you by the SCH Foundation.
- Create a Razoo page under the Team SCH 2016.
Are you already registered for another race in 2016? You can still be part of Team SCH and raise funds on behalf of Swedish Covenant Hospital while participating in the race of your choice. Learn more.
Thank you to Team SCH sponsors and partners:
Continental Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
For questions or to learn more about Team SCH, contact Sarah English at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 989-6255.
2016 Photo Gallery